Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Curves and a call from B

So I joined Curves about a month ago and I LOVE it. I feel so good when I leave there, which to me is just weird. I am hot, sweaty, tired and sore, yet so energised that I feel really good about myself. So even if I dont loose any weight, at least I feel good.

However I think I have lost weight. I went out and bought a pair of capris, in a size smaller than what I wore 3 months ago, and they are big on me. YAY!!!

B called last night, he told us that while he is really mad at me and S for sending him to the boarding school, he isnt mad at his dad. Logically I understand why he is mad at me and not his dad. He figured that his dad would never pay for it, so therefor it would never happen. S and I are paying for it, and have made it happen. So logicaly I do understand. It does hurt me a little that I am always the "bad" guy in these situations. I know that S and I have more money to get resorces like this for B, but why does it always have to be my fault? Why does his dad get away with all the stuff smelling like a rose and I am the bad guy. There are so many times that I want to throw in that "I" was the one who was there from birth until age 7, who wiped his tears, who worked to get him the things that he needs, and now S is there doing all that. We make memories for him, even if it is just going to a movie, or playing b-ball in the park. What does his dad do? So I explained to Brett that I do understand him being mad at me, but that he needs to understand that if his dad didnt agree to him going it never would have happened. He seemed to understand.

He was also mad that we didnt tell him he was going to the school until the day before we took him up there. I explained to him that with the knowledge of how he has acted in the past we made the desision based on that. We had to do things for not just ours and the little kids safty, but for his as well.

I do hope that one day he will get over his anger at us for sending him to the school. I know that he understands that its a good thing for him, (he told me so) so maybe that will help him with the anger. I hope so, caues I really love him and I know deep in my heart that he is a great kid and will go far in life, if he chooses to work at it.

2 comments:

Kim and Family said...

I am glad that you are loving Curves...I am thinking about joining back up after...I am really sorry that he is lashing out at you guys, it hurts and sucks...unfortunately he does it because he knows it will affect you, he knows his Dad wouldn't care they way you do if he were to say the things to him that he said to you...KWIM? It is a stupid logic, but he does it to you because he knows you care.

tommyekatt said...

He will come around, and I know that he is just hurt because he knows I wont walk away from him, it just sucks that I have to be the bad guy all the time. Thanks guys.